As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to evolve, CityWest has continually adapted to ensure our customers get the best experience, and our employees are safe. Lately, social distancing measures have become more stringent so, for the protection of our employees, we have decided to implement a policy where our technicians will not enter a house or business, unless it is deemed a life-critical situation.
Going forward, if you have a trouble ticket, or if you would like to schedule an install, our technicians will help you as best they can in one of the following methods:
- Talking you through the trouble/install from outside your house (through an open door or window); or,
- Calling you on your phone and talking you through the trouble/install; or,
- If available, setting up a video-call through Facetime or Skype, and talking you through the trouble/install.
As an example, here is what an install might look like:
- A CityWest representative calls you before the appointment to let you know what you can expect.
- We configure any equipment before we roll the truck to your house.
- We sanitize the equipment and leave it on your doorstep.
- A technician phones you from his van, and verbally walks you through the install process.
- If any difficulties arise through the installation, the technician works with our customer service department to ensure the services are available before he drives away.
A “life critical” situation is defined as an organization that is required to stay in operation for the safety of our community. Should we be required to enter one of those premises, our technicians will take extra precautions to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
We are living in extraordinary times. Thank you in advance for your understanding as we adapt our operations to ensure that our employees remain safe and healthy.