“I have dealt with CityWest on many levels, as I am computer technician. Anytime I phone for assistance, I am helped and spoken to in a very courteous manner. If I had to go into CityWest personally, I am always greeted nicely, and if there is a line up, someone opens up a kiosk to lessen the wait time. They seem to be always striving to make improvements to all the services they provide to Prince Rupert. CityWest has also helped with local group fundraisers, and have been involved with many community events. They carry on doing so with great community spirit. I believe that CityWest is a great model for a community oriented business, and an integral part of Prince Rupert.”
CityWest to Launch New Onscreen Guide for Digital TV Subscribers
Posted: July 04, 2017
CityWest is excited to announce a new onscreen guide is coming for its digital TV customers in Prince Rupert, Terrace, Kitimat, and Port Edward.
“Featuring a beautiful, sleek HD interface, the fresh and modern look will look stunning on our customers’ TVs,” said Chris Armstrong, Director of Marketing at CityWest. “And because it’s just as intuitive as the old guide, our customers will continue to get a great experience using CityWest TV.”
When the onscreen guide is upgraded, CityWest will need to make some changes to its internal network. This means customers will have limited access to their digital TV services on the following dates and times:
- Prince Rupert & Port Edward: July 17 from 2-5 a.m.
- Terrace & Kitimat: July 24 from 2-5 a.m.
Once the upgrade is complete, CityWest customers will be able to experience some great new features with the new onscreen guide:
- The time grid will show 2.5 hours into the future, rather than the current 1.5 hours
- Customers will see 7 channels at once, rather than 5
- The search function will now allow customers to find titles, actors, and keywords in both regular programming and video-on-demand.
“We’ve had the current digital TV guide for almost 10 years now, and it’s time to change it to a more modern aesthetic,” said Armstrong. “We’re confident this new look will provide our customers with a great experience as they watch their favourite programming.”
To learn more about the new guide click here.
Refer a Friend
Refer a friend to subscribe to one or more of our services and receive a $100 credit on your bill! It's our way of saying thank you for sharing the benefits of our services with your friends and family.
- CityWest announces $10,000 donation to McKay Street Park Playground
February 14, 2018
- Fibre cut caused by fallen trees disrupts services for CityWest customers
February 04, 2018
- CityWest announces partnership in undersea fibre-optic network
January 17, 2018
Community Channel 10
We bring you locally produced content. Use this as your platform to share community events, photos and videos.